Panasonic bills the Toughbook 54 as “the world’s lightest and thinnest semi-rugged laptop in its class”
Panasonic’s Toughbook 54 is one of the thinner and more portable rugged laptops in its size category to make it an excellent option for fieldwork. This 14-inch Toughbook CF-54 is one of the newest models available and also one of the thinnest in its family for improved portability.
Panasonic advertises the magnesium-clad CF-54 as being the thinnest 14-inch semi-rugged laptop available while still conforming to MIL-STD-810G and IP51 standards (surviving drops from a height of 3 feet, shock, vibration, sand, dust, altitude, high/low temperatures, high temperature tactical, temperature shock, and high humidity)
- TPM 2.0, NIST BIOS, and a Kensington Lock come standard across all SKUs. For additional security, higher-end SKUs have a fingerprint reader and SmartCard CAC.
- Dual-drive (m.2 SATA and the standard 2.5" SATA)
- Solid, retractable metal handle
- Outstanding array of ports as well as a port replicator dock
- Most ports are protected by weather-sealed port covers
- Shock-mounted Hard Disk Drive